The Tastiest Vegan Pizza From Scratch You’ll Ever Have
This recipe is a little different. Instead of just making my recipe notes, cooking, and then photographing the end result, I thought it’d be fun to collaborate with this vegan pizza recipe.
I recruited my boyfriend Lui to help me make the yummiest vegan pizza— all from scratch! And not only that, we decided to film it. Mind you, I’m not a video person. I much prefer being behind any camera, and I don’t have the nicest, studio-lit kitchen where I can just build a little film set. BUT we both had a blast making this vegan pizza together and memorializing it with a video.
There’s one more reason this recipe differs from the others. If you follow my Instagram @thecashewcutie, you’ll know that I’ve been posting a lot about Black Lives Matter and resources for the movement. I made this video before any of the protests, but I thought I could use it now to help the cause. So, for every view this video gets, I’ll be donating 10 cents to various organizations devoted to making this country a better and safer place for Black people. This means that I’ll take the total amount based on views and divide it as equally as possible to places like Color Of Change, For the Gworls, and the Brooklyn Bail Fund. I don’t make any profits from this blog, so I’m just counting views as donations until I can’t afford it anymore.
Not only do I think this bomb vegan pizza is worth making, it means a lot to be able to use it on this platform to help change the world. Share this pizza with friends, educate yourself on the issues Black people are facing, and above all else, celebrate life with your loved ones.
UPDATE: Thanks to all of your views, we were able to donate $50 total to five different BLM organizations and funds!! It means a lot to have your support and to use this platform directly to help some really amazing causes. Check out my Donations Instagram highlights for the specifics.
Check out the video on how to make this pizza below. Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Pizza Recipe From Scratch
Vegan Pizza From Scratch
- 3 cups flour
- 2 ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- garlic powder for flavor
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup Gardein Meatless Chicken Strips chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach
- rubbed sage
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to lowest heat and turn off after 10-15 min
- Start with 1 cup flour in a large mixing bowl
- Sprinkle in instant yeast, salt, sugar, and garlic powder and mix until well combined
- Add the olive oil and warm water. Mix well and gradually add another cup of flour. Reserve last cup of flour for kneading
- Once wet and dry ingredients are combined, knead the dough for 3-5 minutes until soft (not sticky anymore), adding flour as needed
- Place in another bowl coated with olive oil and cover with foil. Leave to rise for 30 minutes until doubled in size in the warmed oven
- While the dough is rising, saute all the toppings except for spinach and season to taste
- When dough is done rising, punch out the air and knead 3-5 times. Preheat oven to 425º F.
- On a round pizza pan covered with parchment paper, spread out the dough with your fingertips, forming a crust to your preferred thickness
- Poke the center part of the dough (not the crust) with a fork to prevent bubbling
- Add olive oil and spread out (or use tomato sauce if you want). Then sprinkle on the cheese and toppings — don't forget the spinach!
- Bake for 12-20 minutes (depending on oven strength) until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown
- Switch up the toppings to whatever you like on pizza!
- I don’t like traditional tomato sauce pizzas, so I just use olive oil as the sauce. If you like, use your favorite brand of jarred pizza sauce or use your own recipe. You can even use barbecue sauce or vegan alfredo. The options are endless.
- This recipe is very interactive and much more fun to make with others. If you have kids, or want to cook with your friends or S/O, I highly suggest making this pizza with them.