Chunky Avocado Cilantro Sauce
A bright and refreshing sauce you really need to try that tastes delicious on basically everything.
- 2 avocados small
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest the lemon before cutting it in half
- In a food processor or blender, scoop the 2 avocados
- Add cilantro leaves, lemon zest, and the juice of ½ a lemon
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and turmeric
- Blend the mixture and slowly add the oil while it purees
- Scrape down the sides and continue blending until the avocado and cilantro is broken down but not completely creamy
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to cool
- I like to use this as more of a dip or spread, but to make into a thinner sauce, just blend the mixture longer and add more oil as needed.
- I only used a dash of turmeric for a little hint of spice, but it can be totally omitted or you can add more for a stronger flavor!