Roasted Broccoli & White Bean Salad
Good as a starter, main, or side dish, this warm and savory salad will make broccoli and beans your new favorite combo.
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 1 can Great Northern beans drained
- 4-5 cloves garlic whole
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425º F
- Wash the broccoli and cut the stems, making sure to keep florets whole but as smaller chunks
- Peel the garlic cloves and place them whole on a lined baking sheet. Add the broccoli
- Drizzle oil over the garlic and broccoli
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning (roughly 1 tsp of each, but alter for your own taste buds), and mix until evenly coated
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, mixing up the vegetables halfway through
- Drain the beans and pour into a pan. Sauté on medium heat
- Add the broccoli and garlic to the beans and cook until any liquid cooks out
- Transfer to a bowl
- Serve with another sprinkle of Italian seasoning on top, and enjoy!
- This would be really good with navy beans or cannellini — just any white bean!
- Broccolini or asparagus would be amazing substitutes if broccoli isn’t your jam.
- I like to make this as a side dish with other small plates for a meal, but if you want to make it a main, add some vegan chicken (Gardein has a good grilled chicken sub), Italian sausage (the Tofurkey brand is my favorite), or baked tofu!