Savory Roasted Carrots With Cilantro Dip
Turn sweet carrots into a healthy and savory alternative to French fries.
- 3-4 large carrots
- 1 tsp olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- 1 package plant-based cilantro dip*
- Preheat the oven to 450º F
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into fourths (if a piece is really thick, cut that in half)
- Spread the carrot slices evenly on lined baking sheet
- Drizzle the olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne over the carrots and mix
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour or until crisp, flipping about every 15-20 min
- Spread cilantro dip over carrots, and enjoy!
- If you don’t like spicy foods, omit the cayenne. For just a slight spice, put ½ tsp. If you like and prefer more, I’d say about 1 tsp to 1 ½ tsps is enough
- I had bought a really yummy cilantro dip at my local Sprouts for $3 and hadn’t yet used it, so that’s why I put it with this recipe. I do have a homemade avocado cilantro sauce that can be used instead here, or if there’s an affordable plant-based dip in your fridge already, that’ll probably taste yummy here as well!