Easy Fishless Ceviche
Believe it or not, you really don't need fish or shrimp to enjoy ceviche! All you need are some veggies, a hot day, and a big appetite.
- 2 cans hearts of palm chopped
- 2 packs roasted seaweed
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and chopped
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 Persian cucumbers or ½ regular cucumber
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
Drain the hearts of palm. Chop up the hearts of palm into small and medium chunks. Place in a large bowl
Take the seaweed and crumble the sheets onto the hearts of palm. Mix well until the seaweed is incorporated
Chop the tomato, onion, jalapeño, and cucumber. Add to the bowl and mix
Squeeze the juice of two limes into the bowl. Top with chopped cilantro
Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least two hours
Serve with tostadas, tortillas, avocado, and hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
- Some people like to mix hot sauce into the ceviche before cooling, so if you want more spice (and everyone eating it can handle it), go ahead and add that before refrigerating!
- You can either add more jalepeño or omit it completely depending on your preference
- The seaweed is what makes this taste like original ceviche, so it cannot be omitted — if you have vegan furikake, you could use that instead